Guide to taking care of On Point Gemz Inserts
How to take care of your On Point Gemz Inserts.
Here are some tips and tricks into taking care of your sapphire inserts. Whether they are ruby or sapphire. Here are some of our tips in taking care of you gems inserts. Please read this fully before using your new insert.
What should never happen with your inserts.
When using gem inserts here is a list of forbidden things you can't do.
- Do not use any liquid cleaner or iso alcohol to clean your gem insert when insert is hot/warm/lukewarm. It must be completely cooled after at least 10 minutes after use to dip in any liquids to clean. Please refer to our cleaning guide below
- Do not use direct heat and clean your gem inserts. They will crack from all the extra heat applied to the insert. Please refer to our cleaning guide below.
- Do not take hot dabs on inserts. Inserts are meant to be taken at very low temps. We test our gem inserts with a Dab Rite device and we found that we can go in around 450F-500F degrees.
- Do not drop hot inserts, they will break and shatter. Always have a place for your insert to place. We recommend a silicon pad to place your hot insert to cool down.
How to use your insert safely
We have two methods for you to use with your gem inserts. These are methods we've tried and work really well with our product. We assume you have a temperature device when using this product. If you don't have one, we truly recommend the Dab Rite.
Method #1 - Insert inside the quartz nail
- Prepare your quartz nail and insert. Put your insert inside your nail.
- Light up your nail evenly on the bottom and walls for about 45 seconds.
- Let you nail cool to temperatures of 440F-500F Degrees.
- Insert the material into the insert and cap the nail.
- After finished, do a preliminary clean with new and dry cotton swab stick.
- Let your nail cool with the insert inside or carefully take out the insert and put it on the silicon pad to cool down.
Method #2 - Insert drop general method (adjust timing depending on nail)
- Load materials into your insert ahead of time
- Light up your nail evenly on the bottom and walls for 45 seconds or longer
- Drop in your insert about 10-15 seconds after your initial light
- Let insert catch up to the heat.
- Your material should start combusting after about 1 minute and 30 seconds depending on nail used.
- After finished, do a preliminary clean with new and dry cotton swab stick
- Let your nail cool with the insert inside or carefully take out the insert and put it on the silicon pad to cool down
How to clean your insert
#1 Simple dunk and clean method
- Have a cup of cleaner such as Dark Crystal Clear, Simple Green, and Grunge Off. Iso alcohol is also ok.
- When insert is at room temp you can clean of any residue that is left on it in any of these liquids.
- Use a cotton swab stick to clean residue and dry it off with a paper towel.
#2 Heat Clean Method
- Hard spots will need to be heat cleaned in a banger.
- Heat insert inside the quartz nail to protect the insert. DO NO USE DIRECT HEAT ON INSERTS.
- Heat until those spots look like they are gone. Never leave it on one spot on your quartz nail for too long. You'll Chaz the nail.
- Let air cool to room temp before using again.